LMR DAGU Contest - Ideas ... or

Mr Spidey?

mr_spidey.jpg

I was hoping to use my

I was hoping to use my expansive collection of plastic soda caps to make a robot that picks up caps, detects the color and “collects” one of each color. If it has the color it kicks the cap out. If it doesn’t have 1 of that color it keeps it in a hopper or bin of some sort.

What is the deadline of the contest anyway?

multi brain

i was hoping to allocate different processes to different picaxes, and allowing them to communicate with I2C. The master board would have over all control and an xbee uplink to another picaxe kinda like walters controller. My whole aim is to get the robot to be aware of its surroundings on all sides at all times and react appropriately.

Tom J

Rocket Boosters
Mr Basic becomes Mr Speedy…

Pictures?
please

Mr Basic Vision

Maybe I will use computer vision to drive Mr Basic and some sensors to prevent colisions… still working around on the concept.

Some questions about the

Some questions about the contest.

Are there any rules for the contest?

Is it allowed to make changes in the hardware of Mr. Basic?

My idea is, why not make a real 4WD robot with a motor for each wheel. The Pololu Micro Motors and wheels would be perfectly fit.

IMG_0856.jpg

if I have 4 of those micro
if I have 4 of those micro motors I wouldn’t think twice :slight_smile:

j/k
It was mainly meant as a joke. Although, now I’m starting to think about it some more…

Mr Blade?

mr_blade.jpg

Mr. Disco & Mr. Evil

Here some more serious ideas ;-). Introducing Mr. Disco and Mr. Evil.

Yeehaa! Now we’re talking!
This is what I wanted to see. You know, there are existing challenges for either idea.

Mr Booze

IMG_0555_booze.jpg

Ok, Here’s the Mr Rocket Prototype

http://picasaweb.google.com/eric.fialkowski/MrRocket#

Mr PropellorHead?

IMG_0576_propellorheads.jpg

Mr PowerUp #1

People are wondering where to stick the 3xAA battery holder that came with the kit. It is a bit useless after installing some of the proposed power upgrades. Here’s my proposal.

mr_powerup_1.jpg

Mr. Moody

I’m figuring something like

if (mood == GOOD) { followLine(); } else { killAllHumans(); }

Don’t know if that would do well as a robot kit though…

Tha caps! They are back!

Tha caps! They are back!

Deadline & info: https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/node/7502

Mr.Budget

Mr. Budget. electronics from toy, antenna from IKEA

3566457956_28f75a421d.jpg

Mr. Redneck

Mr. Redneck

3565643799_00ba22dfa2.jpg

or Mr. Basicator

or Mr. Swarchenegger

or Mr. Redneckator

Notice how the hight gives room to have the motor and batteries on the underside, which gives room for some low profile electronics on top, for a very aerodynamic style