Litter-Robot III Open Air Basic Troubleshooting Guide | RobotShop Community

Hi Andy,

There seems to be an issue with the motor’s connection or with the hall effect sensor.
Contact us via our support center so we can verify your warranty information and proceed accordingly.

Hi, just like Andy above, my Open Air is rotating clockwise when it cycles, or when i hit cycle. it then rotates back just past default position and then back to default. If I hit empty, it rotates clockwise. I am getting no error lights and it is plugged directly into power at the wall.

Hi,

You may verify inside the panelboard if the motor is well plugged, Brown wire with white one. Red with Green.
If the motor’s connection is okay, the unit will need to be repaired or replaced.
If you have bought the robot with RobotShop, contact us via our support center so we verify your warranty.

Would it be possible for you to make some sort of summary of all these tricks and instructions to different problems with LR3:s. And we customers would not need to go through almost every discussion trying to find a solution for suiting for own device’s problem.

Hi, litter robot 3 cannot locate dump position. We have been troubleshooting for 2 days now. Please could you advise where the magnets for the position sensor should be correctly located? I suspect this could be the issue. Many thanks

Hi, My unit does not do a full cycle without stopping a few times; then re-starting on it’s one. Sometimes the stops are a few seconds others a few minutes…anyone else experience this?

Patrick

Hi, This looks like my problem but I can’t see the link for the video

Thanks,

Patrick

Hi im having the same problem, and i did try all the tips you been giving, but the globe still didnt back to the home position and display 3 lights blinking. What shall i do?

@tonykit

If you have purchased with us, please contact our team via the private question option and give us the order number related to this robot.

Hi @AudioVOX. was purchase from the dealer in singapore and waiting for their reply like taking a thousand years. Its will be great if you can tell me what happen to my litter robot or any parts need to be replace with. thanks again

@tonykit

It could be a few things, either the hall seffect sensor is defective, or the motor is too slow (either defective or the gearbox is).
You can find the hall effect sensor (which is included in the harness) here: https://www.robotshop.com/en/litter-robot-iii-open-air-wiring-harness.html
A motor here: https://www.robotshop.com/en/litter-robot-iii-open-air-motor.html

Thanks you @AudioVOX. i do record some video and do you mind to tell me how can i share it to you?

Hey @tonykit

You can simply host it on YouTube and send the link here.

1 Like

cool @AudioVOX, here are the link

Hey @tonykit

By the sound of it, it seems like the Black Cog on the motor shaft is not properly tied up.
Please take a look at the following link, which will help you to fix that:

https://support-litter-robot.force.com/s/article/Fixing-a-loose-gear-on-your-Litter-Robot

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Litter-Robot III - Blue Light

I’m having the same problem. Any luck?

Hi Jeaninestoop did you managed to get it back working, i have same problem, tried everything, nothing works!

Hi. Our LRIII has worked great for the past few months. The other day, we had a short power outage, and now the orange light is on solid. Pressing “cycle” causes a normal cleaning cycle, pressing “reset” causes the blue light to flash very breifly then return to solid orange, pressing “empty” causes a normal empty cycle. I removed the bonnet and globe and cleaned the unit, then reassembled, but it does the same thing. The night light function seems to operate properly. Are there any other tests that I can do to further trouble shoot this problem? Thanks for any help you can provide.

A post was split to a new topic: Litter-Robot 3 Issues