K3lso Quadruped (Build thread)

First covers ready

#k3lso #quadruped #robotics #ros #quad #carbon #prototype #design #fusion360 #UPXtreme #ros2 https://twitter.com/r_frojd/status/1406132597592363009/video/1

1 Like

2 Likes

As always, very professional!

1 Like

It looks like something Hyundai would like to buy :smiley:

Thanks guys @igor_X @cbenson :upside_down_face:

1 Like

First test of top/bottom carbon cover! Fitted perfectly!

2 Likes

And ready for FIFA World Cup 2022 :smiley:

My thoughts exactly. If only they allowed multi-legged robots in RoboCup.

1 Like

Me & k3lso is doing a brief presentation. Join us this weekend for the Reddit Robotics Showcase! https://redditroboticsshowcase.wordpress.com

3 Likes

I missed this, but it’s good that all is recorded and placed on YouTube :slight_smile: Reddit Robotics Showcase 2021 - YouTube

2 Likes

ha. Not sure about that. Generally do not like this kinda of things :rofl:

I am back again after some busy moths (work related).

And goal for 22 is to continue the development of k3lso. :slight_smile:

We also just launched a legged robotics community
Quadrupedalism
So feel free to join and share your “legged” robotics projects or discuss robotics.
Alot of other projects will be added soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome back! :slight_smile: I saw your post on reddit as well. I saw you moved to Ros2, do you have it walking in ros2? I was wondering what you used for joint and also whole-robot control?

1 Like

k3lso have moved from home a few months and is now at Chalmers University of Technology with a group of students :slight_smile:

1 Like

… but… but… you created it!

1 Like

Began to realize that “a one group army” would take way too long to reach the finish line. So this became a shortcut to get there faster. Hopefully :slight_smile:

1 Like

What are their objectives? Did you “give” it, loan it or sell it? It was quite an investment in time, energy and money. One of the most professional projects here.

1 Like

There are two diffrent groups that will have two different goals.
I have not heard their project planning and final goals yet. That will be in a few weeks I guess.
But we discussed goals of a - Pose controller and to get it to take the first walk.

It’s just on loan. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They may be able to use ROS or other software which is already SPOT compatible to get it up and running quickly. Pun intended.

1 Like

[K3lso] gets his weekly training :nerd_face: - YouTube

2 Likes

#K3lso is doing some movements - YouTube

2 Likes