How to Make a Drone / UAV - Lesson 1: Terminology

Hi,are you able to sale drones that can be used for advertising?how much does it cost

@Zike soko We do not offer drones specifically for advertising, nor are there specific ways to do so. You would need to figure out how you would want to advertise considering large surfaces like a poster would cause the drone to be unstable in winds.

Hi very interesting courses, may we use them as a base for a creating course on building UAv’s translated in Dutch ?

@Marc Certainly, but it’s always good practice to pay tribute to the source.

I want to build a drone as my final year project in school,so I would want u to assist me please

@Vivian Unfortunately we cannot offer mentoring - you will need to learn as much as possible, and perhaps find someone locally like a teacher or even fellow student who can help.

Thanks for the reply concerning using this course, sure I will mention robotshop.com more than once as a reference and a shop to buy.
Regards,
Marc

I just want to build the simplest type of drone without a camera,just the one that can fly. i need your guide please. thanks

@Ogban Ethothi You need to determine if you want to build a kit or custom design one. If you want to assemble a kit, we offer many here: https://www.robotshop.com/en/uav-drone-kits.html If you want to design your own, that is beyond the services we offer.

Hi Sir,
Can we make drone with single actuator.if possible, What all the required parts and motor power, camera with HD quality.
this is my requirement. Is it possible to build a drone with this features.

@srinivas With just one actuator, you could have two counter-rotating propellers, but that does not give any control over direction in x and y. Normally you need at least one actuator per motion (x,y,z).

Hello Sir,
I am interested in making a motion controlled quadcopter with the MPU6050 in my hand. But I am facing a problem with how to transmit and receive data wirelessly .I have a APM 2.8 and a receiver on the quadcopter.

@Saikat You will likely need an external transmitter / receiver (or transceiver).The MPU6050 needs to be connected to a microcontroller and the microcontroller connected to the transmitter / receiver. The commands need to programmed to be in the same format expected by the APM flight controller.

Thank you Sir,
I also wanted to know about the transmitting and receiving of data. Will it like be sending 6/8 bit data and receiving…or something else??
Generally we use a 6 channel transmitter and receiver but what to use in this case??

@Saikat Das It’s not very likely that you will emulate a normal RC transmitter - you will need to use the flight controller’s serial port.

i want to make a drone with targeting and hitting system.what are the strategies required to make a drone .i want to place a water gun and camera in the drone .can u guide me please.

@survenya Aside from an additional servo and a way to mount the water gun, there’s not a lot different from a normal drone. Keep in mind the following: the drone would need to lift a LOT more weight because of the water, and the downdraft from the propellers would likely affect the trajectory of the spray. You’d also likely need to choose a fairly water tight frame.

Drone by homemade things

Hello,Please can i have a reference for all this informatios pls

@AsmaD There may be books available, but the majority of information available currently regarding building a multirotor is from experience: reading through flight controller manuals, understanding the technology involved, sharing experiences, some trial and error etc.