6dof (Six-Axis hexapod) with complete 3D motion

A short video of the Six-Axis Animatronic “JoyStick”

Pretty Cool!

Kurt

Yeah! I like! 8)

Well its something different. :wink:
quite fun to play with.

Just think of the fun you could have by building a BIG platform, and riding it with the joystick in your hand!

Alan KM6VV

LOL.
like this:

That Works! Where’s the operator’s chair?

Alan KM6VV

Very cool :slight_smile:
The movement is not 1:1, isn’t it a little problematic for the use you have of it?

not really. precision is not key. you will notice that the two top platforms are different sizes. to get them working a little better i could make them the same, but its not important.

i could also get the servos in the slave to have more movement in it than in putted from the master. like 2:1. small movement on the master will result in larger movements in the slave. ??

Hi Jonny,

Thats awesome! :smiley:
You always come up with some cool stuff!

I wonder if FK is hard to do for a Stewart platform?

Is it hard to operate the 6DOF joystick? I mean, it looks like the joystick should be fixed to the table. Does shorting the motors give to much friction, maybe a resistor to lower the friction?

apparently the FK is quite a challenge. IK can be solved quite quickly by this is all iv been told.
There you go… there’s a challenge for ya. :wink:

There is not too much friction and its quite easy to use. i haven’t soldered the motor wires together otherwise i think there would be too much friction.
your right i do need to attach it to a more stable surface.

IK is going to be much harder then FK.

Alan KM6VV

On a regular Stewart Platform, IK is straightforward (it’s a matter of vector arithmetics) and you can do each leg independently, while FK requires to solve a set of 6 (linear) equations with 6 parameters all at once. My vote would be on the “IK is easier” side.

On this setup, the actuators rotates instead of translating and there is an additional link in each leg. It unleashes a flurry of trigonometric functions, both for IK and FK… Solving a set of 6 non-linear equations to compute FK seems harder to me than computing IK, where you “just” need Al-Kashi and quadratic equation resolution.

Due to being made redundant last week i cannot continue with making the “puppet hexapod”, as it cost quite a bit for me to make the moulds etc…
:frowning:
But dont worry i started another project with what i have at hand. more on this later.
:slight_smile:

Sorry to hear that. Although on the good side, I guess it gives you more time!

Maybe look for F/X or animation jobs around there? Maybe it’s time to change careers.

Best of luck,

Alan KM6VV

Hi Jonny,

I just saw this on youtube:

It looks a little familiar of what you’ve been playing with. A 6 DOF joystick… :wink:

wow cool. the force feedback system is awesome. i could have done with using one of these when i had my accident.

great find. 8)

another very cool selection of robots from the same channel.

Yeah, a lot of cool robots! :smiley:
Subscribed on that channel.

The human tail at the end was silly though… Unless its a part of an animal costume or something :laughing:

The collection of robots is very interesting, but the “hand” is a little spooky!

I did see an imitation of the daVinci Surgical Robot…

Alan KM6VV