2 1/2 foot Biped Project.......Giant Scale Scout

I don’t want to sound stupid, and I know this probably isn’t the right place to ask, but how would one go about doing a mold like that? Does it cost thousands of dollars for machinery that you just happen to have, or is it something someone could do in their basement - or somewhere in between?

I’ve got alot of ideas on things I’d like to build, after reviewing my plans I’ve come to the conclusion that I need some sort of CNC mill (at the very least) before I can even come close to recognizing these projects…

Being able to do molds would help with the other 1/2. :slight_smile:

Well, this project has been resurrected. Although my programming abilities have only slightly improved, I’ve been working on modifying the HS-805 to take a regulated 8 Volts without overheating. I’ve modified the case and board with heat sinks and aluminum to dissipate the heat.

So far at 8 Volts, they can run continuously for 5 minutes with 100oz of load and barely get warm. They putting out between 460 and 515 oz/in. I’m getting varying measurements between servos.

I’ve started on a new High Density Poly and Abs bracket system that is half the weight of the aluminum version I originally planned. The height has also been scaled down to a more reasonable 24".

I’m very busy right now working and getting this community scorpion hexapod together. But this will come next after the scorpion is finished. All the servos and materials are together and ready to go, just need the time to fabricate it.

So just a heads up that I will be posting again with pictures and more details so maybe we will get to see a 24" ED-209. :slight_smile:

Wippy!!! I had always wanted to see this huge biped! Can’t wia tto get more info/picture or even videos!

Perhaps if the body is aluminum you could use it as a giant heatsink and ground all your servos boards to it?

hey
was wondering if I could get some brakets for a quad 1/4 scale I’m working on…

any suggestions … help?? :slight_smile:

tkx
:mrgreen:

Try PMing evolution.

I don’t think he offers that service anymore. in fact I haven’t been able to get to his website either, its been taken down. :open_mouth:

It’s still up. Just the new version has been a work in progress during our expansion.

www.evolutionmodeltechnology.com

We,however, are not making more brackets at this time. Jim has plans to come out with 1/4 scale SES brackets so we have stopped taking orders for them.

Wow, nice site evo, did you do that?

Yup. Learning flash was awesome. A lot of things you can do with it.

I am SERIOUSLY impressed.

How much would you charge to do a site like that?

www.lee.tomszuba.com needs updating.

Sorry for threadjacking… :frowning:

Interesting website.

From a business point of view from someone who looks for these types of things, I would suggest to use more real photos and less computer animation. A 70% up front deposit isn’t totally unreasonable for custom work, but it is hard to get people excited to make an inquiry if they don’t see real photos. Also, your flash software can be a turnoff to real buyers. Those people that have true needs for your products won’t care about the flash. In fact, for those people that don’t have high speed internet access, and there are a lot of people that work for cheapskate companies that buy these things wont pay for the high speed connection, they will get tired of waiting for it to load since they have several thousand other sites to look at the Google returned.

Pete Miles

Thank you for the input. Anything shown that is animated either has not been released yet, or has not been fully protected under copyrights so we show simplified CAD drawings to give an idea.

Still, an option to turn the sound off would be a blessing, and an option that is written in plain XHTML/CSS would be a godsend.

Personally, I find flash based websites to be the most annoying things on the web.

Get rid of the web site noise. Nothing more irritating than a site that starts playing music or noise (especially if you are trying to sneak a peak at work).

The noises and sound drive me nuts too. It’s on my to do list. :slight_smile:

I would tend to agree… the slickest sites use a lot of javascript.

Can you please email me the sketchup files for your ED 209 ?
My email is airman00 at gmail.com

I would like to do something similar .

btw what ended up happening to this project? Any video or pics?

Thanks

I would love to know what ended up happening to this project, I was following it back in the day and got busy for a while, now when I come back to it - it seems dead. I have a great interest in building a biped based off these servos (to the point where I already ordered 24 of them so far), but have no idea what to use for brackets short of making my own (which sucks)…

Anyone making brackets that fit the 805BB’s?

You might try emailing the OP.