LR smell from base

I have the same problem! Brand new and if I don t clean every day smells horrible!!

Hi @emiliulia,

Can you locate exactly where the smell is coming from? Is it the globe, behind the globe, maybe from the base, the drawer?

The smell comes from the base of the drawer… and it s poop combined with plastic smell.horrile.I must clean the litter every day.

And I use a good litter… Everclean -multiple cats (I have two cats)

Does the drawer fit well with the base? Or there are some gaps?

Yes the drawer fit well with the base… like the other people with the same problem said… I think the low quaility material of plastic is the problem… otherwise I can’t explain why others don’t have a problem with the smell. Mine started to smell after 2 days… and every time when i change the LR the smell from drawer is very strong… and I must wash everytime …even after washing, the odor remains impregnated in plastic, I never had this issue with any othe litter… the plastic never got a smell… I d also like to know exactly what brand of litter is the best to use since as I know the oficial litter robot- litter it s not available in Europe

Hi @emiliulia !

Here are some litter brands that are good to use with Litter Robot: https://www.catfooddispensersreviews.com/best-litter-for-the-litter-robot/ although we are not sure if you can find these in your area.

I already read this article and I can t find any if these litters in Europe… anyway like I said I don t think the litter is the main problem… i see that I m not the only one with this issue… the smell started after two days so I didn t have to
Change any filter… I wonder if other people with this same problem found a way to fix the problem or LR/robotshop helped them to resolve the problem by replacing the baze(which seems to be the problem) or I don t know🤷‍♀️

1 Like

we will transfer this to our internal support so we can check your warranty

1 Like

This topic was transferred to internal RobotShop Support.